9.01.2009

I'm sorry, I'm going to miss class on Monday. I'll be on Mars.

Get ready for some mind-blowing science.

My wonderful friend Tim (you might know him . . . he's kind of a big deal) has been talking about Dr. Robert Zubrin for quite some time now - and for good reason.  This guy is a genius!

Not only is he VERY enthusiastic (I would say obsessed, but that would be harsh . . . so I won't) about furthering space exploration, but he's also formulated an extremely plausible plan to (get ready for it)
GO TO MARS.

I know - it sounds crazy.  They said we could never do it, and maybe we can't, but if you watch The Mars Underground videos on YouTube you may just be enlightened.

Here they are:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Don't be daunted by how many parts there are.  They're all about 9 minutes long to make up one complete short film.  Besides, we're scientists, we're very thorough people.

Anyway, they're so darn interesting that you're going to want to watch them again, and again, and again, and . . .

Also, click on the main title for a link to The Mars Society, of which Dr. Zubrin is the founder and President.

-Martha

1 comment: