Undergraduate Planetary Science Research Conference
Sunday, March 18th, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Town Hall Exhibit Center (The Woodlands, TX)
As part of the NASA SMD Year of the Solar System (YSS), an Undergraduate Planetary Science Research Conference is being hosted in conjunction with the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference (LPSC).
The Undergraduate Planetary Science Research Conference includes:
- Panels on “How to Choose the Grad School Right for You,” “Alternative Careers in Science,” and “Women in Planetary Science”
- Poster sessions where students will present their posters to other student and to the scientific community
- “Meeting Mentors,” which will pair students with a scientist for part of the LPSC meeting, so students can learn how to engage at a scientific conference
- Opportunities to meet other undergraduate researchers, graduate students, and scientists
- Undergraduate students currently conducting research in planetary sciences, astrobiology, and lunar sciences are eligible. To apply, please go to
https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meeting_portal/iofi/index.cfm?mtg=yssurc2012/. CORRECT LINK: https://www.lpi.usra.edu/ meeting_portal/iofi/index.cfm? mtg=yssurc2012
Some travel support will be available to students who qualify. Priority will be given to students of diverse backgrounds. Students are encouraged to attend LPSC and the travel support includes registration for and participation in LPSC. For additional information, please contact Dr. Emily CoBabe-Ammann email@example.com.
I'll be submitting an abstract and I encourage anyone who is interested to submit/attend. Conferences are great ways to get to know people in fields you are interested in and see lots of new, interesting research.